I don't believe in the saying, 'a new year, a new me'. Change is often slow. Growing is a process. And you should embrace every stage, trying not to wish away every little imperfection you may have. So I have decided to share the mantras and ideas that I want to be more mindful of over this year - and the rest of my life.
They are simple. They are obvious. But they are frequently forgotten or overlooked. For myself to remember, and for you to think about, this a list of ten things I am focusing on in the hope of leading a more balanced and appreciative life.
1. Embrace a challenge. Instead of complaining, look for the opportunity within the experience.
2. Be more flexible and make time for the unexpected. Plans are there to fall back on.
3. Nurture friendships. You will never find time, you must always make time for loved ones.
4. Relax. Properly relax. When taking time off don't stress about what you 'should' be doing, because rest needs to be a priority too.
5. If you want something, you have to ask. No one is a mind reader, so let them know.
6. Work smarter, not necessarily harder. You're more efficient if you have motivation.
7. Set goals and work towards them. Though don't be disappointed if things don't go exactly to plan.
8. Be persistent. Every 'no' is one step closer to a 'yes'.
9. Today is the day. Don't put things off until tomorrow. Achieving something every day brings dreams closer to reality.
10. And one from last year that I plan on carrying over into 2015 and beyond - "just say yes".
Tree of Life Kimono | Cotton On Playsuit