Thursday 17 October 2013

10 Items 10 Outfits: ADOLESCENT ATTITUDE

Check out all the other outfits here: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and nine.

Ten percent feminine. Forty percent punk. Fifty percent attitude. One hundred percent total bad-ass. That's probably the best description of this outfit. (My favourite and the last of this 10 Items 10 Outfits series.) This, by no means, is a typical, everyday outfit for me. But that's why I love it. 

A lot of fashion columns and bloggers will say don't wear something that isn't 'you'. But I find wearing something that isn't your run of the mill outfit very empowering. And the part of me that is this outfit really comes out. Wearing this brings a strange confidence and I feel comfortable, and yet somewhat like a different person. She's fierce, confident, thrives on attention and when it comes to it, she's cool as *insert profanity here*... But I have to remind myself. She is me. I am her. In this outfit I can parade the adolescent attitude that I usually keep to myself. Moral of this outfit, and something that I seem to have forgotten. Clothes are a great means of expression. So express yourself. 







Wearing 3 of the 10 items:
1. Cut Out Crop Top
See it worn (here, here, here)
2. Red Pleated Skirt
See it worn (here, here)
3. Cut Out Patent Leather Boots
See it worn (here, here, here, here, here)

Photos by Annisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. You just made my day. Remember to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. Cheers.